Summary / TLDR:
- Ensure correct IBKR username and password
- Use IBKR PRO and not IBKR Lite (‘Settings > Account Settings > Configuration > IBKR Offering Type’)
- Disable 2-factor authentication
- Ensure you are logged out of IBKR anywhere else before integrating with Aikido
Here are the two most common error messages you will see if you run into difficulty:
1. Incorrect Username or Password
If you see this error when you try to integrate, then please ensure your username and password combination are correct. ie. You are using the correct Interactive Brokers credentials. You can verify this by logging into your Interactive Brokers account through their website. If you have forgotten your username or password then this can be reset via the Interactive Brokers website.
2. Error establishing a connection with your broker
If this error occurs, try integrating your broker again. Ensure the following:
- All your credentials are correct,
- You have disabled 2-factor authentication
- You are not logged into the Interactive Brokers website at the same time as trying to integrate with Aikido.
- Make sure you are using IBKR PRO and not IBKR Lite. You can check and alter this option under the Settings page > Account Settings > Configuration > IBKR Offering Type
If the problem persists, please reach out to us via our contact page.